How Can I Protect My Child from Getting Sunburnt?
Keeping your kids safe when playing outdoors is one of your top priorities as a parent. Although it can often be easier said than done. Kids can be difficult to protect from the sun, and many kids won’t stand still long enough for proper sunscreen application, or simply don’t like it. We’ve found that one of the most effective ways to keep kids safe from the sun – no matter how they play, is SPF rash guards. Time at the beach or pool will be more fun for everyone if your little kids have the right rash guards.
Does SPF Rash Guards for Kids Actually Work?
You know it’s important to protect yourself and your kids from ultraviolent radiation. Young skin is even more susceptible to damage, as kids under the age of 13 have skin that is 30% thinner – leaving them at greater risk of sun damage. With the added dangers of spending more time in the full sun and in the water than adults, sun protection is vital for children. Some fabrics have better built in protection than others.
Factors to consider are:
- Construction- or the density and tightness of the weave.
- Fiber type- certain fibers like polyester and nylon are superior to cotton, rayon and hemp.
- Color- the darker the color is generally considered better than lighter because it contains more dye.
- Quality- general wear and tear like fading, thinner fabric, etc.
Either way, a SPF rating on a youth rash guard means that the clothing should give you “excellent” ultraviolet protection from clothing labeled UPF 40, 45 or 50+, the Melanoma Foundation says.
So back to our question, Do SPF rash guards for Kids actually work. ABSOLUTELY YES.
Benefits of Kids SPF Clothing
Kids UPF Rash guards are the perfect addition to a beach day since they help with keeping those UV rays off your little one’s skin. And the benefits are endless.
- A youth rash guard absorbs or blocks harmful UV radiation and remains one of the most effective forms of protection against sun damage and skin cancer. What’s more, sun-protective clothing is the simplest way to stay safe; unlike sunscreen, you never need to reapply.
- Lightweight & Quick Drying
- Doctors have long recommended wearing UV sun protective clothing as a way to prevent sun damage and protect against skin cancer; however what science is now proving that blocking UVA/UVB rays in combination with long sleeves actually keeps us cooler too.
- Made for Play
- Our kids sun shirts offer UPF 50+ UV sun protection, wet or dry, so you can play in the sun all day long.